The DirtWhacker Primary Blades are developed to provide the industry with durable blade range. These blades provide anexcellent balance for the customer when it comes to durability and belt-friendliness. The DirtWhacker Primary Blade system meets the following design criteria:
- The cleaning blade exhibits excellent belt-friendliness
- Carry-over is eliminated by the blades
- The blades have an outstanding ability to accomodate thermal shock
- For the DirtWhacker blade system, mechanically jointed belts pose no problem
- The complete spectrum of slow to fast belts is catered for
- The DirtWhacker Difference
The DirtWhacker cleaner uses belt/blade pressure of up to 40 psi. Conventional belt scrapers use a blade/belt pressure of 11 to 14 psi.
The DirtWhacker uses blunt blades. The blunt blades are applied to the top cover at a high pressure and as such eliminating the abrasive media (carry over) between the belt and the blade. The blade only wears due to the polishing of the hard metal by a softer material (rubber).