Pulley Lagging Services
Pulley Lagging can be done in place, on site, at your local distributor or at the pulley manufacturer. Pulley lagging increases the traction between the belt and the pulley, which in turn reduces load and wear on the drive, belt, pulleys, bearings and take-up. For efficient and economical conveyor operation, proper pulley lagging is integral detail – one that delivers the following key benefits:
- Extends the life of key conveyor components.
- Reduces wear from abrasive materials.
- Prevents belt slippage by increasing the coefficient of friction between the conveyor belt and the pulley.
Most often, lagging is attached to the pulley via vulcanizing (preferred in heavy-duty applications). Or, replaceable lagging can be used. Ceramic pulley lagging is constructed from hundreds of individual ceramic tiles molded into a durable rubber backing. In certain applications, ceramic lagging can significantly increase drive traction.
Pulley Lagging Specification:
We offer the following services on pulley lagging:
- Plain rubber lagging.
- Diamond rubber lagging.
- Ceramic rubber lagging with bonding from 15% upwards.
Plain Rubber Lagging
- Drum pulleys with plain rubber lagging are typically used in snub applications where traction is not critical.
Diamond Rubber Lagging Information
- Drive pulleys that operate in wet or damp conditions are commonly grooved and are available in a smooth, herringbone or diamond design. width
Ceramic Rubber Lagging
- Ceramic lagged pulleys are used in applications with abrasive material on the return side of conveyor belt.
Steel Drum without Lagging Information
- Plain steel drum pulleys (with no lagging) are best in dry, clean environments where traction is not critical, and when no foreign material is present on the return belt
Arrowhead Drive & Non-Drive Rubber Lagging Information
Amount of Rubber needed for Pulley Lagging
Pulley diameter x 3.1423 = Pulley circumference
Pulley circumference x pulley width = Pulley surface area in M2
For more information in regards to our Rubber Lagging, please Contact Us!